CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sallie went a'courtin?


Spent the afternoon splashing around in a creek and learning about the railroad in Old Fort today. I was determined to find a salamander, aka Sallie. After some careful looking and sighting of other critters, I had let go of the "Sallie" idea, just soaking up the experience.

Up the creek there was some cool debris from the RR in the water. E and I hung out in this area for a bit, looking at more critters. I found a piece of slate that looked as if the middle had broken out and been washed away in the water. For some reason I picked it up and began prying it apart, just trying to see if it would give. E was making a comment about some female super-hero as the slate cracked open. And there was Sallie! Little greenish/brownish/blackish critter had wedged itself in the crack, and I had just revealed exactly what I had hoped to find! Could it be that sometimes things you hoped to find come to you after you've let go?

I think I learned a lot about myself and about the person I was enjoying the afternoon with. It's refreshing to have fun, engage in intelligent conversation, share personal space, enjoy nature, and learn with someone else. It's been a long lonely single six months. I feel like I have learned more about myself in the last year than in the previous twenty five-ish years. I am loving my life. It's full of discovery and learning and changing and light. How free it is to savor the moment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do these feet look familiar?

Edward said...

It is exciting and sort of inspiring to be around someone in this state of growing and changing and light. You do seem to be lit from within. Maybe it's all that light, making you radiant.

Anonymous said...

this picture is worth far more than a thousand words.
it is a perfect moment.